Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Morning Quaterback

I lost 3lbs last week!!!! I felt so good about myself.  My goal felt so achievable- I couldn't believe it.  How cool was that??!?!?! And then there was the weekend... My university's homecoming weekend.... full of Friends, Family, Fun and of course FOOD!  Now realizing that I'd be eating more than usual I did run a few miles in the hotel's gym on Friday, but obviously that didn't do the trick... because I did something I've never done.... I weighed myself this morning and my friendly 3lbs found their way right back to me.  In just one weekend?!?!? Are you kidding me? Is this really how this game is played?    I've never been one to weigh myself often and I'm not married to the scale now HOWEVER, it is so very eye opening to really understand the effects of my eating/exercising habits. 

Lesson Learned: Even when I've done "well" throughout the week I can sabotage the whole thing in just a few short days.  "So what did I expect" you ask? Well maybe 1-2lbs but all 3 back???  WOW!  I clearly need a new game plan if I am going to win this thing.  I have been planning on Sunday Slim-down activity and I see that this is going to be an essential part of my play book.  If on the weekends I am eating more that MUST be offset with a great workout.  The concept of a Sunday Slim-down activity is doing something that is fun and a major calorie blaster so that I'm able to increase my deficit from 1000 calories say to, 1200. The ideas I've had thus far are a long bike ride with the kids in a trailer, Ultimate Frisbee or racquetball.  If you have any ideas PLEASE let me know.  This is also going to affect my Sunday Brunch plans or at least what I choose to eat after brunch.  I have come to realize that this is all about choices.

So now it's Monday.  I've reviewed my playbook and I'm ready to get back in the game.  I'm not disappointed but rather equipped with more information to help me play to win. There is a piece of me that loves this because I'm learning valuable lessons about me and if I learn nothing else I never want to stop studying and learning how to be the best me possible. After all, Isn't that what Getting-to-10 in life is all about? Ready, Set, HIKE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. How have u been? Just wanted 2 stop by your blog ans show you some love. Wanna link up at the gym sometime?

    ReplyDelete