Friday, August 13, 2010

Getting-to-10 Overview

Getting-to-10 Challenge Overview


Several of you have said you want to join the challenge and want more details.  So here you go....
Getting-to-10 is a personal Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program. I began this journey seeking to get back to a size 10 because for me because that is where I feel my best. Then I realized that it is important to strive to be at my best in every area of my life and while my weight is what I am currently working on… living my best... living my Divine Ideal and helping others get to theirs is what I am called to do.

Principles of the Getting-to-10 Challenge

1. Admit- The first step to change is recognizing that you are not at your best. When you admit that changes is needed you open the door for change to happen.

2. Commit – If nothing changes, nothing changes. If you really want to see change in your life you must commit to making changes. So once the door is open you must walk through it. Knowing is only half the battle.

3. Submit - The 3rd and final principal has duel meaning. First we encourage you to submit your progress by making a post on the board at least weekly. This is how our community is created and accountability is fostered. In addition I strongly believe that in order to achieve your best life or as I like to call it your Divine Ideal, you must submit to a Higher Authority. Ask God to reveal the vision that he has for your life to you. Surrender to His vision. Purpose every day to make that vision a reality.

 Getting-to-10 Challenge TO DO

• Identify your Divine Ideal- God has a specific plan for you… and not just for some parts of you but for ALL of you. Pray and meditate and determine one area at a time that you want to work on.

o Cast the Vision- My two favorite tools for this are a Future Letter and a Vision Board/Book. These 2 exercises are extremely complimentary and I suggest that they be done together. Contact me for instructions.

o Write out your Divine Ideal Vision- What is the life that you believe God has for you to live?

o Read your letter weekly and view board daily for inspiration. As you read and view really SEE yourself.

• Identify your why- Along this journey it is going to be very challenging. There will be many obstacle and barriers and you will have days that you want to quit. During those moments, there has to be something that is driving you to press on. That is your Why? And your why must be bigger and deeper than any barrier that will come your way.

o Write an affirmation that speaks to your why that you will repeat daily.

 Writing out your values can often help you get to your why

• Devise a Plan- Once you know what your ultimate goal is you can begin with the end in mind. What daily and weekly actions are necessary for you to achieve your ideal?

o Use a calendar to plot your desired milestones.

o Divide your life into areas that can be worked on one at a time. (health, finances, relationships, spiritual, mental, emotional well being, Things you want to… Do-Have-Be)

o What 3 things do you need to do for change to occur in this area of your life? Share those 3 things in your post.

• Journal and post your progress – the success of this program is in transparency and accountability. As a member of the G2-10 Challenge you are seeking to live God’s purpose for your life and are combining your energies with that of all the other like-minded members. In your post I encourage you to:

o State your weekly goal

o Share your victories and challenges

o Open your heart and mind for feedback

o Only post positive, encouraging and non-judgmental feedback on the boards.

• Know and Equip yourself- Take some time to take a long look at yourself. If you haven’t already done so take a few personality tests. When you really know who you are you best position yourself for success. If your Ideal is to be organized and you are a night person, don’t plan to get up at 5am to clean and sort. Lastly, I’m a firm believer in having the right tools for the job. This has lead to me being quite the techie-girl. Nonetheless, having the right tools for the job makes it so much easier. So consider what tools/resources you will need to Get-to-10.
The items listed above are things that I think will give you the best chance for success in Getting-to-10. This program is a work in progress so I welcome your feedback. Thank you for joining me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment