Monday, August 16, 2010

Transparency About My Weight?????

This is really challenging for me because like most women I'd rather give you my SS# than my weight and size.  Why is is that there is sooooo much shame around our bodies?  I mean any woman can look at me and guess my size/weight.  By keeping it a secret what do I really think I'm hiding?  I've always believed we are only as sick as our secrets.  If there is that much shame in my size I need to do something about it. 

In EAT PRAY LOVE there was a great moment when one of the characters was worried about her weight and her friend ask he if she'd ever gotten naked in front of a man and he complained.  My husband says all the time that the weight stuff is our issue, not men's.  On the other hand I see the women that my husband comment about and they are not a size 16 like me so how can I think that my size is OK with him, because it is NOT OK with me!  At the end of the day I guess that's what this journey really is about... being OK with me... with my size/weight, my outlook, my health, ME! 

If you are not A-OK with you I invite you to join me on this fabulous Getting-to-10 Quest!  Already I'm seeing so much more than my weight shift... I'm becoming more mindful.  But that's a conversation for another day.  For today I am going to be naked with you my reader and share with you that I am a size 16 and 208.8 lbs!  That's it.  I did it!  Painful? Yes.  Permanent? NO!!!!

1 comment: