Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting to 10 - Prologue

Hi Everyone,

This will be my first attempt at blogging.  A goal that I've had since January of this year.  I think I'm just really figuring the whole blogging process out.  I have had many fears and questions but I've decided to just jump out there- in true Heidi form.  Well the strange thing is that I feel so very vulnerable.  Perhaps it is because I feel that my flawed writing will be exposed or maybe it is the topic that I've chosen to blog... WEIGHT!!


I am currently a size 16.  I never thought I'd be here.  In truth I might have been close to this size in my freshman year in college.  Yeah, my "freshman 15" really got out of control. My goal is to get to a size 10. I know for some that may still seem "too big" but for me that is perfect!   I've never been someone to caught up on numbers... weight, fat%, or even dress size.  However, I think this has allowed me to stay in denial during those times when I was actually gaining wait.  I have a large frame as evidence by my size 11 shoe.  But I can no longer hide behind the excuse of being "big-boned."  LOL!! I'm overweight and if I don't get a handle on this now I'm not for sure where this insanity will end. 

This weight gain started with the birth of my 2nd son that I nursed almost solely until he was 11 months old.  Talk about eating for 2!!!! Instead of making healthy choice to boost my caloric intake I ate whatever I could my hands on.  I need to go back and check my weight prior to having any babies to get an accurate picture of where I was vs. where I am.  I am a techie girl so I will be using the BodyBugg as my guide along this rocky path.  If you have one please let me know how it works for you.  If you are thinking about getting one and have questions feel free to send them my way. 

Weight, size, body image are a sensitive areas.  My goal  is to be authentic and transparent on this journey.  I thank you for reading this post.  I welcome your questions and comments.  I hope that as the days go by I will get better and better at articulating my experiences thoughts and feelings in this manner. 

P.S.  I also will be be doing video bloggs as well.  Yeah, this should be very interesting...

1 comment: